Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segmentation fault

From: Ben Loftin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segmentation fault
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:32:15 -0600

I'm using an Athlon XP 2400. Just wondering if it would matter if I built fftw with --enable-3dnow, below was taken from fftw faq. Which brings me to 2nd question. Is there some standard benchmarking code someone has or on cvs?

   Question 2.5. What's the difference between |--enable-3dnow| and
   |--enable-k7|?

|--enable-k7| enables 3DNow! instructions on K7 processors (AMD Athlon and its variants). K7 support is provided by assembly routines generated by a special purpose compiler.

|--enable-3dnow| enables generic 3DNow! support using |gcc| builtin functions. This works on earlier AMD processors, but it is not as fast as our special assembly routines.

Ben