Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:29:11 -0700

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 03:25:00PM -0400, Anastasopoulos Achilleas wrote:

> Let me make sure I understand this:
>
> What exactly is happening in the FPGA on the Tx side?
> My guess is that there a CIC interpolator that takes
> the USB complex samples and interpolates them to a
> complex stream  with 32Msps, ie, 64Msps (real).
> Is this accurate?

Yes.

The easiest way to see what's happening in the DAC is to look at the
AD9862 datasheet.

http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/39657147AD9860_62_0.pdf

See figure 3 on page 19 of the data sheet.

We're running with 4x interpolation, Blocks A, B, C and D all active.

Also see page 21, "Dual Channel Complex DAC Data" for addition info.

Eric