[Discuss-gnuradio] mt4937di5.sym was not found in any component library

From: Javs
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] mt4937di5.sym was not found in any component library
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:37:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I just downloaded the TvRx schematics and layouts and
am using the gEDA rpms for Fedora Core 3 on my new 64
bit AMD machine.

I am using gschem to read the schematic of the
tvrx.sch. The schematic pops up with the following
status:

-----------------------------
gEDA/gschem version 20050313
gEDA/gschem comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see
COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to
redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more
details.

Read system-gafrc file [/usr/share/gEDA/system-gafrc]
Did not find optional ~/.gEDA/gafrc file
[/home/tester/.gEDA]
Did not find optional local gafrc file
[/home/tester/USRP_download/tvrx/gafrc]
Read system-gschemrc file
[/usr/share/gEDA/system-gschemrc]
Did not find optional ~/.gEDA/gschemrc file
[/home/tester/.gEDA]
Read local gschemrc file
[/home/tester/USRP_download/tvrx/gschemrc]
Read init scm file [/usr/share/gEDA/scheme/gschem.scm]
Did not find specified
/home/tester/USRP_download/tvrx/gafrc file
[/home/tester/USRP_download/tvrx/gafrc]
Read an old format sym/sch file!
Please run g[sym|sch]update on:
[/home/tester/USRP_download/sym/pmc64.sym]
Component [mt4937di5.sym] was not found in any
component library
Component library was not found or specified
Component [nmos-sot23.sym] was not found in any
component library
Component library was not found or specified
Component [nmos-sot23.sym] was not found in any
component library
Component library was not found or specified
WARNING: Symbol version mismatch on refdes U4
(dual-opamp-1.sym):
        Symbol in library is newer than instantiated symbol
        Minor version change (file 0.100, instantiated 0.000)
WARNING: Symbol version mismatch on refdes U4
(dual-opamp-1.sym):
        Symbol in library is newer than instantiated symbol
        Minor version change (file 0.100, instantiated 0.000)
Component [lm2940imp.sym] was not found in any
component library
Component library was not found or specified
Opened file [/home/tester/USRP_download/tvrx/tvrx.sch]

----------------------------

I did not create the .gEDA in my home and the missing
of optional rc files make sense to me but the other
warnings are much of a bother.

I linked the elements-dir in the tvrx.prj file to the
in my usr/share/pcb/newlib. When that gave me the same
error message I linked  to the
USRP_download/pkg/newlib/ created by matt. It didn't
work either.

Two things Im not sure about.
1. Did not find specified
/home/tester/USRP_download/tvrx/gafrc file
[/home/tester/USRP_download/tvrx/gafrc]. Do i need a
gafrc file here in the first place if i have gschemrc
and gnetlistrc with path to the component libraries ?
If so, who is specifying this gafrc file ?

2. Missing components: mt4937di5.sym, nmos-sot23.sym.
I did not find any of these symbols in the downloaded
'sym' directory. I created the symbols with the
sources using the 'make_symbols' file. There is a
mt4936py5.sym however and no trace of nmos-sot.sym. Do
i have to create these symbols or am I missing
something blatantly obvious here?

Thanks in advance.

Javs