Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using PCI DAS4020/12 with the example program pro

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using PCI DAS4020/12 with the example program provided
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 12:31:32 -0700

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 04:00:53PM +0930, mark shrapnel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the PCI DAS4020/12 installed on my PC. I am attempting to run
> the FM demodulator example provided in the gnuradio examples (in
> gnuradio-examples-0.3).
> I have two questions.

> 1. What input frequency ranges is the program looking for?

That code assumes you've got a microtune 4937 cable modem tuner eval
board hooked to the A/D board.  That particular board will
cover anything in 50MHz to 860MHz and has an IF of 5.75MHz.

If you're using some other front end you'll need to make suitable
modifications.   You'll need something with a low IF.  10.7MHz is really
inconvenient to use with the 4020 since it samples at 20MHz.

> 2. When I run the program inputing 104 as the input freq, I get the
> following error: /dev/parport0: permission denied. Aborted.

Change the permissions on /dev/parport0 to 666