Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with Debian packages

From: Krzysztof Kamieniecki
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with Debian packages
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 12:57:13 -0400

You will also need libwxgtk2.5.3-python and the associated wx/gtk/python packages to build from CVS as well. But that does not seem to be the cause of your current problems.

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan wrote:

 || On Mon, 30 May 2005 08:44:10 -0400
|| John Ackermann N8UR <address@hidden> wrote:
 jra> I'm trying to install via debian packages.  I've added the gnuradio
 jra> repository to my /etc/apt/sources.list file, and have been able to
 jra> install several of the packages.  However, I'm getting a dependency
problem.

 jra> python-wxgui seems to require libwxgtk2.5.3-python, but that isn't
 jra> available for installation.  Without python-wxgui, I can't install the
 jra> gnuradio-examples package.  Without examples, I'm doomed :-)

 jra> Also, the package usrp-doc doesn't seem to exist.  And, python-usrp
 jra> doesn't exist, but python2.3-usrp does.

 jra> Any suggestions how to get around these problems?

John,

there are some licensing issues, it looks like, with wxpython2.5.3 and was
removed from debian archives recently. I am at dark on what's happening with
the solution of the issue.

The temporary solution is that, I have the debian packages required for you
at:

 http://www.hackgnu.org/gnuradio/

Install all the .deb files you find there.

73

--
Krzysztof Kamieniecki
callsign:KB1KLB