Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] regarding API for USRP

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] regarding API for USRP
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:05:24 -0700

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 12:48:12PM +0530, Ravichandran_Shivakumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>             Can anyone tell me what all are the API's required to call
> before I install USRP????
>
> And also after I create my own class say some modulation technique where
> should I put my code????
>
> Should I put I EEPROM or where should I send my code in the board???

Hi Ravi,

Generally speaking, GNU Radio is a host-based signal processing
platform.  The classes that you create following the instructions in
the "Howto Write a Block" article run on your PC, not in the USRP.

It is possible to write code for the USRP, but that's not what that
article describes.  Start by understanding how the host side stuff
works together.

Did you read
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/exploring-gnuradio.html ?

> Where can I get documentation for this??/

My suggestion is that you look through the code in
gnuradio-examples/python/usrp as a starting place.

If you were able to test your classes following the instructions in
"Howto Write a Block", then you have successfully run them on your PC.

You may want to spent some time browsing the mail archives too.

Eric