Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] interfacing usrp

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] interfacing usrp
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 14:21:26 -0700

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 03:29:42PM +0530, KUNAL RAJANI wrote:
> hi all,
> i have just started on with gnu radio and have installed all the required
> libraries. I would like to know that how do we connect the usrp to the
> computer and interface it (in linux), i.e. how do i upload the program for
> fm receiving onto the device and how do i process the output.
> thanks in advance,
> Kunal

If you have the TV_RX daughterboard you should be able to do this:

(1) Connect a cheap FM dipole antenna to the F connector on the TV_RX
    daughterboard.
(2) Plug the power supply into the wall and the other end into the USRP.
(3) Connect the USB cable between the board and your PC (requires USB 2.0
    on PC).  Then,

  $ cd .../gnuradio-examples/python/usrp
  $ ./tvrx_wfm_rcv_gui.py --freq 100.1           # listen to FM 100.1

Eric