Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Information regarding the code

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Information regarding the code
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:47:03 -0700

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 05:23:59AM -0000, shweta  vishwakarma wrote:
> Hi,
> Please let me know the following queries related to SSB implementation code:

This answers are not specific to the SSB code, but are answers that
are generally true:

> > 1. How to set the sampling rates for both AF and RF frequencies?

The allowable audio rates are determined by your sound card.  Commonly
supported rates are 8000, 16000, 32000, 44100, and 48000.  Some higher
end cards support 96000 and/or 192000.  Most cards support samples
between 16 and 24 bits.

> > 2. What are the factors on which the sampling rate depends in USRP?

The interface to the USRP is specified in the comments in these two
files: usrp/host/lib/usrp_basic.h and usrp/host/lib/usrp_standard.h.
There is a python wrapper defined in gr-usrp/src/usrp1.i that exports
the equivalent of these interfaces to python.

This includes how to set the DDC and DUC frequencies, sample rates
across the USB (based on the interpolation and decimation factors),
etc.  The A/D's always run at 64MS/sec.  The D/A's run at 128 MS/sec.

Eric