[Discuss-gnuradio] Suggestions regarding a frequency reference

From: David P. Reed
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Suggestions regarding a frequency reference
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:19:44 -0400

In interfacing a new 5 GHz up/downconverter to the USRP (my summer project), I find that I need a 40 MHz frequency reference to drive a PLL in the chip. My first prototype will interface using the Basic Rx/Tx daughterboards, and it occurs to me that I can probably use one of the DAC clocks for that.

Should this work? Any other suggestions (at this stage I'd prefer to use an existing, programmable source on the USRP, rather than another chip and crystal)?