Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to stop FFT from going "uOuOuO"?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to stop FFT from going "uOuOuO"?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:15:41 -0700

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 04:52:56PM +0200, Urs Schaufelberger wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Is there a way to stop the FFTs from going uOuOuO all over my stdout?

There should be, but currently isn't.  The uO means that the USRP Rx
path is overrunning.  That is, it's not being serviced in time and you
have gaps in your data.

I suggest you try a higher decimation rate.

> I haven't looked at the guts so far, but it seems a rather odd (and
> on my side, rather unwanted) behaviour.  I'm currently writing a few
> decoders where the decoded stuff is dumped to stdout, so the uOuO
> stuff is starting to bother me a bit ;)

There are hooks in the code for a general purpose error handler which
can redirect output anywhere.  The USRP code needs to start using it.

Eric