Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core make check fails

From: Ges
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-core make check fails
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:36:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Please forgive me for consecutive multiple posts.
I missed this earlier...

when i run ./configure in gnuradio-core, i saw the
following..

checking for Python library path...
/usr/lib/python2.3/config
checking python extra libraries...
checking Python headers and library usability...
configure: WARNING: no dev lib
checking for swig... /usr0/local/gr/bin/swig
checking for SWIG version... 1.3.25
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
checking for joinable pthread attribute...
PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE
checking if more special flags are required for
pthreads... no

It says "no dev lib" found for python headers and
library usability.

I am not sure if this is the problem.

I could find libpython.2.3.a but not libpython.so. I
saw some old posts regarding this!
I have installed python-devel rpm for 2.3.2. are any
other packages missing other than python and
python-devel

If anyone thinks its easier to get things running on a
different environment maybe Fedora Core 2 or Fedora
Core 3, I could try that. I am trying to use gnuradio
for my research work, so i owuld like to get it up n
running as quickly as possible.

Thank you

-Gesly George

--- Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan <address@hidden>
wrote:

> On Tue, June 28, 2005 10:30 am, Ges said:
> > Hi,
> > I am a newbie trying to build gnuradio...i was
> > following the instructions at
> >
> http://www.kd7lmo.net/ground_gnuradio_baseline.html.
> >
> > Well, after installing all the required base
> software,
> > i checked out the latest code from CVS...
> >
> > but make check on gnuradio-core fails...
> > ..
> > ..
> > I went through but i couldnt find anything that
> would
> > fix this.
> >
> > I am trying this on RedHat 9 with Python 2.3.2 and
> > Swig 1.3.25. I have also tried Swig 1.3.24 and was
> > initially using Python 2.2,since I thought the
> errors
> > might have to do with Python and Swig. But I still
> get
> > the same errors listed above.
>
> Which version of gcc?
>
>   g++  --version
>
> There are known issues with gcc-3.3. On Debian many
> people have found
> issues with gcc-3.3 but 3.4 seem to be fine. So may
> be you can try with
> gcc-3.4.
>
> --
>   Ramakrishnan