Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] buildit now supports --prefix

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] buildit now supports --prefix
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:53:55 -0500

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 06:32:06PM -0700, Eric Blossom wrote:

> The buildit script now support a --prefix argument to make it easy to
> do non-standard installs.

Is there any reason buildit could not call "gmake" rather than "make"?
Apparently Linux uses gmake anyway but FreeBSD does not.

Also it would be nice if --prefix used $GR_PREFIX as default if that
environment variable exists. Simpler for those of us installing gr as
a user.

And the --with-boost-include-dir error would go away if gr_boost.m4
looked for /usr/local/include/boost as well as /usr/include/boost.
This can be fixed with a link:
   ln -s /usr/local/include/boost /usr/include/boost
but I see no reason gr_boost.m4 should not be able to find it on systems
which install boost in /usr/local.

Also if I clean out gr and download a fresh CVS, gmake check fails. If I
go to gnuradio-core and do "gmake install", it installs without errors.
Then "gmake check" will run. Still looks like there is some issue with
gmake check not finding all the necessary parts of the build it needs
before installing is done.

TIA

--
LRK