Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] binary installer gnuradio-2.5cvs.win32.exe for wi

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] binary installer gnuradio-2.5cvs.win32.exe for windows
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:39:51 +0200

mjam01 wrote:
Hi guys,

Any updates to the mingw usrp gnuradio binary installation files to
allow for the examples to work with the usrp on windows? Stephane
mentioned previously that gnuradio-core/usrp/gr-usrp needs to be
updated in the installer.
Haven't made a new binary installer yet.
I am trying to cleanup the installer (separate libusb files from usrp files)
and currently it is broken (usrp dlls are not copied anywhere).
It will be there soon.

If not, how can i go about doing it manually?
METHOD 1:
I dumped all latest versions of gnuradio related files in
http://www.olifantasia.com/pub/projects/gnuradio/mdvh/mingw/binary/latest/

Remove all *.pyo and *.pyc files (or all files) in your site-packages/gnuradio
dir and copy the files in
sitepackages_latest_bin.zip over them

copy the files in msys_1.0_local_share_usrp.zip to somewhere on your filesystem
set environment variable USRP_PATH to this directory (it will also find it if
you have the files in your mingw /usr/local/share/usrp directory)
(use forward slashed, for example c:/usrp)

copy the files in msys_1.0_local_bin.zip to somewhere on your path. (I don't remember if I already put this files somewhere in the site-packages dir)

METHOD 2:
get latest cvs version of usrp, gr-usrp and gnuradio-core.
build and install them with mingw
see http://comsec.com/wiki?MinGW

(I am not sure if all latest versions are checked in yet, must check as soon as
I reboot into windows)

Greetings,
Martin

many thanks,