Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Status of BTTV/CX88 capture

From: Hew How Chee
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Status of BTTV/CX88 capture
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:23:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Martin,

I have found a raw data file captured from the card in
one my backups. You can have a look a the raw data
file
at http://www.geocities.com/how_chee/index.htm

I will upload the code soon. Pretty amatuerish code, I
should say. Just wanted to see whether the continuous
capture mode work or not.

On the IF output from the tuner that you used, did you
amplify the signal ?. The specs for tuner IF output
that I came across is only in the mV region. Will need
amplifying before it can be feed to the ADC input of
the CX chip, which has a range compatible with video
composite signal.

You were saying some time back that bt878 can't
capture continuous data, did you manage to get
continuous mode on the bt878?

Regards,
HowChee

http://www.olifantasia.com/pub/projects/gnuradio/mdvh/cx2388x/