[Discuss-gnuradio] Cypress/USRP/USB query (quick one!)

From: Kalen Watermeyer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cypress/USRP/USB query (quick one!)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:15:07 +0200

Hello all,

I'm a master's student finishing up a hardware project. It is a SDR platform, and I am using the EZ-FX2 microcontroller.

I know that GNURadio is intended for Linux, but I'm testing out my FX2 under Windows XP (for now). Although the OS registers that a 'USB Device' is present when I connect it to the PC, and it retrieves the VID and PID from the FX2 (correctly I am presuming), it fails to find an appropriate/plug-n-play driver for it.

I have since downloaded the USB mass storage drivers from Cypress for various IC families including the FX2, and followed their instructions regarding editting the .inf string values etc to match those of my app. After telling XP to search for the driver in the folder containing the Cypress files it still does not 'find' the driver.

Has anybody had any experience with using the FX2 under Windows? More specifically, has anybody used the Cypress drivers for Windows? It may well be that my hardware is faulty, but I am unsure how 'automatic' the initialising process is with regards the FX2 so am at a dead end.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Kalen Watermeyer
University of Cape Town