[Discuss-gnuradio] RA Receiver front end

From: Frank Rawlins
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RA Receiver front end
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:30:57 -0500

Thank you Marcus & Jeff - gives me something to think about.

I do have a USRP with one basic receive board.  Unfortunately my
back ground is hardware (technician level) and I am finding
building the software very difficult.

I have built the receiver back-end ( from site of Uni of Indianapolis): double
detector (drift free, hopefully) - DC amp/integrator -
A/D converter -   to skypipe (all this works fine).  I really do not
know which way to jump with the front end unless I concentrate on
the USRP and chuck the back end that I have built.

My back yard is only 54 feet x 26 feet and have a 8.5 feet dish (I
could enlarge it to 12 feet) so I am very limited.

Many thanks,

Frank G0OFX  (missed G0OFY by one place!)