[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: RA Receiver front end

From: Alfred A. Aburto Jr.
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: RA Receiver front end
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:16:05 -0700

> address@hidden wrote:

Alfred writes:

A second project will be to get my USRP up and running when I can get my
head around the software.

Frank,
I just recieved the USRP &  DBSRX yesterday. Hopefully the SARA USRP
folks can assist one another getting through the software issues? I
noticed the "address@hidden" site too ...
Al

I did some playing with my USRP and DBSRX a couple of months ago
 (during the alpha test phase), and was able to get it to
 produce a spectral plot around the GPS L1 signal as a test.
 That's as far as I got when other things got in the way.
 I'm hoping to do more on it this winter.

I still haven't decided whether I'm going to stick with all the
 GnuRadio tools, or simply use whatever API exists for direct
 access to the USRP, and plug it into the software I wrote for
 my own receiver a couple of years ago.
Thanks Marcus,
I have a ways to go yet ... I think, generally, in principle, the USRP is the best option I have for what I wanted to accomplish.
Al