[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem using the dbs card

From: EVENNOU Frederic RD-TECH-GRE
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem using the dbs card
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:34:36 +0200

Hi everybody,

I started using the gnuradio platform some few weeks ago, and I've been trying to use the dbs_rx card. I made some few tests to practice myself on the way to use this card, but unfortunately I didn't have any successful result.

I've been using a python program named dbs_fft.py to have a look at the spectrum in a range of frequencies that I specify. I made some few tests by emitting a sine wave at 1GHz (and then around this frequency), but I've never been able to get it with the dbs card, whereas I can see it very clearly on a spectrum analyzer (level == address@hidden). At emission, and reception, I have some antennas working in that band and antennas are separated by 50cm. On my display screen I just receive some noise so I must receive some samples from the dbs_rx card.

I made the same test at lower frequencies and using the TVRx card to receive the signal, and it works pretty well.
Did someone have the same problem with this card, and is there anything special that can be done to check if my dbs_rx card works properly ?

Thanks for your help
Frederic