[Discuss-gnuradio] Installatin of USRP - many question related to sudo m

From: Robitaille, Michael
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installatin of USRP - many question related to sudo maybe
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:09:21 -0600

Hello all and thanks for your.

I finally got all the baseline and gnuradio software installed per
KD7LMO.net with some modification and still some question, for instance:

            1- In the install_baseline.sh there is the installation of
xerces-c-src-2_6_0  but not in the baseline build shell or in the list of
items needed.  I did not install this package, is this ok?

            2- Is the Octave/Octave-forge package needed?  I did build and
installed these packages.

            3- Should any of these packages, including gnuradio, be
installed with sudo?

I then tried to do install my brand new USRP, =), based on the wiki
UsrpInstall.  Here are the problems I have encountered and need help with:

1-       The directory /usr/local/share/usrp/rev2 was not created with the
required files (firmware).  I created the directory and added the files as
root manually.  Running the program test_usrp_standard_tx does not seem to
install the firmware file in the directory.  Most likely related to #3 above
but not I did try to do gnuradio install with sudo and it did not put the
fillies.  I did use CVS and per the instruction, I manually copied the file
usrp_fpga.rbf to the directory.

2-       When I run test_usrp_standard_tx I get the error - can't find
usrp_fpga.rbf.  The LED on the USRP does change from 2Hz to 1Hz, so the
firmware did get loaded.

3-       I do have hotplug running and seem to have permission to access the
USRP device (when I had a camera to the USB port, it loaded automatically).
When I check the /etc/hotplub/usb, I do not see usrp or usrp.usremap.

4-       When I run the example usrp_oscope.py I get the error No module
named gnuradio.

Please help.

Mike