[Discuss-gnuradio] FFT-based feature extensions, fixes, etc.

From: Weber, Michael J. \(US SSA\)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFT-based feature extensions, fixes, etc.
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:22:23 -0400

Has anyone done any work on creating some intelligent behaviors based on
the FFT outputs? I'm thinking of things like autotuning to new strong
signals, autoconfiguring demodulator bandwidths (wide or narrow FM, for
example), drawing a vertical indicator line in the plot to indicate
various things, etc. If nothing's been done, I'll plow ahead slowly...
but no since recreating the wheel.

On a related note, is there a way to calm the auto-scaling behavior of
the FFT plots? I've created a narrow-band version of the usrp_wfm demo,
but the frequency increment is 5KHz instead of 100Khz, and the plot
moves from left to right across the graph before the automatic scaling
switches ranges. Sometimes the total range of X values shifts as well,
from 4 to 5 MHz and back. I suppose what I'm looking for is more control
of the scale/range of the plots, the grid lines, everything. What's the
best way to proceed?

I'm working with a TVRX board at the moment, but I suspect that doesn't
matter.

Thanks for any hints and tips!

Best,
Mike