[Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamically changing the flowgraph

From: Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamically changing the flowgraph
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 09:35:58 +0530

Folks,

I am trying to implement a GUI frontend for the little Softrock40 board
from amqrp. I have a very primitive but usable radio up and running.

This is what I am trying to do. On the click of a button, the user
should be able to switch from a FFT view to waterfall view. To do this,
I stopped the flow_graph, disconnected the waterfall block and connect
FFT block (or vice-versa), and start the flow_graph again. But the
problem is that the block disconnected remain dangling and has to be
distroyed completely from the instance, otherwise it gives an error.

This is what I am trying. I need to change it to use the new fftsink
usage. Any idea how to fix this?

def OnFFTButton(self, event):
    self.stop ()
    self.disconnect (self.f2c, self.waterfall_block)

    self.fft_block, self.fft_win = fftsink.make_fft_sink_c (self, self.panel,
"Softrock40", 1024, self.sampling_freq, -100)
    self.vbox.Add (self.fft_win, 10, wx.EXPAND)

    self.waterfall_block = None

    self.connect (self.f2c, self.fft_block)
    self.start ()

--