Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Linux version of Quartus II kit?

From: Uwe Bonnes
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Linux version of Quartus II kit?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:00:44 +0100

    Daniel> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:40, David R. Palchak wrote:
    >> Am I right in assuming that a modified FPGA design needs to be
    >> compiled using the Quartus II toolchain?  I ask because as near as I
    >> can tell, the only free version of the Quartus II software requires a
    >> windows setup (which I don't have).  Has anyone found an alternative
    >> solution?

    Daniel> It might work under Wine.

I tried several times, but in most cases wine hang with creating the licence
server. One reason for that is know (detect a broken pipe) and a test case
showing the missbehaviour is in the wine test suite, but the problem is hard
to tackle. I'll nag some more capable wine developpers about that.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                address@hidden