[Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about the BASIC RX boards

From: McEllroy Jonathan A LT AFIT/ENY
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about the BASIC RX boards
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:31:04 -0500

I have 2 questions pertaining to the USRP hardware and the BASIC RX
boards. I've searched the forum archives with no good answers.

1)

Using the standard usrp_rx_cfile.py to receive and store IQ data from a
certain frequency, how do I determine the following parameters from the
software so I can do useful manipulation of the data in Matlab?

a) BaseBand Freq - I assume this is the freq of the station I tuned to
since there is no IF freq conversion with the BASIC RX? E.g. 103.9 MHz

b) Sampling Rate - Is this always 64MS/s or do I have to account for
decimation somewhere and how?

c) Bandwidth?

2)

How does one do simultaneous capture of IQ data from two BASIC RX
boards? I tried running "wfm_rcv_many.py" but I think this program was
written assuming one is using the TXRX boards which have a MicroTune
4937 board on them:

Taken from "wfm_rcv_many.py":

                rf_front_end = gr.microtune_4937_eval_board ()

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon