Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help using simple_framer and simple_correlator

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help using simple_framer and simple_correlator
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:53:38 -0800

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 11:22:28AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> In order to gain a better understanding of how the simple_framer and the
> simple_correlator work, I am trying to implement the following code.  However,
> when I run the program, I don't get any output.  I'm not sure what I'm doing
> incorrectly.  Once I determine my error, I am also interested on how to use
> lfsr_32k_source_s (to replace the file_source) and check_lfsr_32k to determine
> error rates in this simple program.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Mike

Hi Mike,

Not sure if you've still got this question, but the problem is that
the output of sample_framer + bytes_to_syms can't be directly
connected to simple_correlator.  The simple correlator exepects its
input to be oversampled 8x times.  Just wiring them together as you
have doesn't honor that requirement.

Eric