Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP drivers/test code

From: Stein Erik Ellevseth
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP drivers/test code
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:43:13 +0100

Hi

I am following this discussion with great interest.

GnuRadio discussion should not be limited to the use of the USRP board. In
fact, it would be useful if the software related direct to the use of usrp
is separated into general USB and specific usrp. If the usrp software (usrp,
gr-usrp) could be generalized to support other USB implementation in
addition to USRP. I have no contributions so far, only found that there is a
need for using GnuRadio based on other boards than USRP.

We are a group of five hams working on an SDR project based on KD7O's "A
High-Performance Digital-Tranceiver Design. We have built a USB board
including the Cypress FX2, same USB chip used on USRP which we are now
testing.

Therefore we welcome this discussion in [Discuss-gnuradio], and
contributions like the one below.

73,
stein erik/LA7OU