Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sparc <--> x86 data exchange

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] sparc <--> x86 data exchange
Date: 21 Dec 2005 08:25:25 -0500

  Fedora Extras now has liboil, and several media player apps now depend
  on it, so I think finding it installed or at least packaged on a given
  system is very likely.

It doesn't seem to be in pkgsrc yet, but I just built it on
NetBSD/i386 and it passed make check.  So, I should be able to make a
package in only a few minutes, and that should also be true for
FreeBSD and OpenBSD ports.

It seems to only have optimized support for i386 and powerpc, but I
suppose that's pretty much what people are using.  It would be
unfortunate if performance using it goes down relative to current
levels on other systems (e.g. sparc64).

--
        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>