[Discuss-gnuradio] RA detector signal chain

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RA detector signal chain
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 20:56:18 -0500

I'm slowly starting to "grok" some of the internals of GnuRadio.

I want to use GnuRadio for radio astronomy, including total-power detection.

My "plan of attack" is to write a block that acts as a detector--very simple, in that all it needs to do is take a complex input, square the inputs, and sum the results, producing a scalar output. The scalar output can then be averaged--how feasible would it be to simply use a low-pass FIR filter with the corner frequency equal to the
 integration time?

Also, since I'd be wanting to do spectral analysis in parallel, is there a "Tee fitting"
 in the signal processing chain that would allow me to do this?