Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How is the gr_timer object used?

From: Chuck Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How is the gr_timer object used?
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 08:24:10 -0500

At 04:40 PM 1/7/2006 -0500, you wrote:
Subject pretty-much says it all.

In my application, I want to trigger a timer once per second to update a pair of static text
 objects on the display.  (With the current sidereal time, for the curious).

Marcus - I stole this from Scandoo and use it all the time:

-----------

class UpdateTimer(wx.Timer):
    def __init__(self, target, dur=1000):
        wx.Timer.__init__(self)
        self.target = target
        self.Start(dur)

    def Notify(self):
        """Called every timer interval"""
        if self.target:
            self.target.OnUpdate()

        # start a timer to check for web commands
        self.timer = UpdateTimer(self, 1000) # every 1000 mSec, 1 Sec

    # timer events - check for web commands
    def OnUpdate(self):
      cmds = os.listdir("/var/www/cgi-bin/commands/")
      <etc>