Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OS X Status

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OS X Status
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:36:32 -0500

Ryan - Your compile issue is that "string.h" isn't in the include path (-I or otherwise) to get the prototype for the function "memset". According to the SDCC Manual < http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/ doc/sdccman.html/node13.html >, -if- there is an issue then setting "SDCC_INCLUDE" and/or "SDCC_HOME" should take care of it. SDCC makes many efforts to determine what it's #include search path should be ... which makes me believe that your SDCC isn't installed correctly. How did you go about installing SDCC? DarwinPorts? By hand? Did you move or copy the "sdcc" executable?

OTOH, it might be worth mentioning in our various install instructions the SDCC_INCLUDE, SDCC_HOME, and SDCC_LIB environment variables, just in cases such as this.

I assume you're using Apple's Python which came with 10.4.X. You might want to also set the environment variable "PYTHON_VERSION" to "2.3"; compiling might also want or need a "PYTHON_ROOT" variable, which would probably be set to "/System/Library/Frameworks/ Python.framework/Versions/2.3".

If you followed Jon's instructions for Numeric and wxPython, you'll want to add
"/Library/Python/2.3/site-packages" to the PYTHONPATH.

If you're using DarwinPorts for these packages, then you'll want to add "/opt/local/lib/python${PYTHON_VERSION}/site-packages" to the PYTHONPATH.

Hope this helps! - MLD