[Discuss-gnuradio] scopesink.py with refresh rate control

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] scopesink.py with refresh rate control
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:49:13 -0800 (PST)

I've had continuing problems with scopesink on slower Macs (my
1 GHZ G4 Powerbook).  Often the scope traces do not appear.  Instead, the
twirling beachball icon appears that indicates the program is too busy
to update the panel.  This page provides a revised scopesink.py
that includes my latest workaround for this problem.

 http://staff.washington.edu/~jon/gr-osx/scopesink.html

I added a new optional parameter to the constructors for
scope_sink_{f,c} that provides some control over the scope refresh
rate, independent of the source data rate.   This page also provides
a version of usrp_oscope.py that uses the new scopesink.py, where the
new parameter can be set from the command line.

If the optional argument is omitted, the revised scopesink behaves like
the usual one.  So it is backwards compatible.

Jon Jacky