Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Example Suggestions

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Example Suggestions
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:59:30 -0800

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 11:54:07AM -0500, Charles Swiger wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 09:40 -0500, Robert Roberts wrote:
> > I've been going through the GNU Radio examples the past week, and one
> > thing I've noticed is that many of them are clogged up with Powermate
> > code. The Powermate knob is not required equipment for GNURadio, so my
> > thought it that we should make a separate Powermate folder that contains
> > examples with the knob.  It would make the examples more n00b friendly
> > for trying out GNURadio once they get it working.
>
> Hi Chris - I always try to make scripts Non-Powermate friendly, so it
> will still run with alternative means of control if one is not present.
> I.e., recommended but not required.
>
> --Chuck

Following up on what Chuck said, nothing requires the PowerMate
stuff,  but will use it it found.

The "right" answer is probably a better encapsulation of the power
mate / general knob handling code in some kind of class.  Whatever we
come up with should scale to arbitrary number of knobs/sliders, etc,
such as a midi control surface.

Eric