Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] first attempt at gnuradio - ssb phasing demod

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] first attempt at gnuradio - ssb phasing demod
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 00:48:00 -0500

Almost. Translate the carrier to where you want it to be and then use a complex bandpass filter to pick off the sideband.

make the filter edges    L  < H for your favorite bandwidth  (H-L)

for USB,  make a complex filter   with edges  L, H

for LSB, make a complex band pass filter with edges

-H, -L

Take the real part, make imaginary part = real part.

send complex signal to sound card.

If you do not make imaginary part = real part  you will get  "binaural"

Bob