Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ham drm

From: Robert W McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ham drm
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:26:23 -0500

Here is my understanding of that situation. He wrote it in Qt3. There is no Qt3 GPL license FOR WINBLOWS. He released the source code and when Trolltech objected, he removed it.

Bob

Charles Swiger wrote:
Just curious if anyone knows anything about this situation - there is a
gnu licensed project on sourceforge called DReaM. A fellow named Cesco,
HB9TLK, created a ham radio version called WinDRM
( http://n1su.com/windrm/docs/1.1/ ) derived, so they say, from DReaM,
but at far as I can tell, there is no source code available! Just
running 'strings' on windrm.exe you can find fftw 2.1.5.

Anyway, thought this was interesting - a baudline spectrum of
off-the-air HamPAL (DRM) picture swapping session:

http://webpages.charter.net/cswiger/hampal_ofdm.jpg

you can just make out the spectrum bands shown in Robustness mode E /
Spectrum occupancy 0 as described here:

http://www.qslnet.de/member/hb9tlk/drm_h.html

particularly the frequency pilots.

--Chuck