Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 40, Issue 39

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 40, Issue 39
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:12:13 -0800

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 11:35:04AM -0800, Ges wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> As an added note to my last post, in case the gr-usrp code is not
> being compiled into a shared library, I could probably create one
> using the object files present. Am I right? If so, I am a bit weary
> of the compile options that I would have to use.
>
> If you could guide me on that, that would be a great help.
>
> Thanks,
> Gesly

Hi Gesly,

I don't think I saw the post you're referencing.

In any event, gr-usrp does get compiled into a shared library.  That's
the mechanism we use to get our code loaded into python.

This fragment from gr-usrp/src/Makefile.am builds the shared lib.
The automake and libtool manuals will be helpful for decoding ;)

    ourlib_LTLIBRARIES = _usrp1.la

    _usrp1_la_SOURCES =                 \
            usrp1.cc                    \
            usrp1_sink_base.cc          \
            usrp1_sink_c.cc             \
            usrp1_sink_s.cc             \
            usrp1_source_base.cc        \
            usrp1_source_c.cc           \
            usrp1_source_s.cc

    _usrp1_la_LIBADD =                  \
            $(PYTHON_LDFLAGS)           \
            -lstdc++

    _usrp1_la_LDFLAGS = $(NO_UNDEFINED) -module -avoid-version

Perhaps you can provide a bit more context?

Thanks,
Eric