[Discuss-gnuradio] array to string conversion (packet_utils.py)

From: Luis Simoes
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] array to string conversion (packet_utils.py)
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:32:15 +0200

Hi everybody,

do somebody know how to convert a list or an array to a string when changed
the size of the items?
I use the packet_utils.py where i changed the functions whiten(s). First I
slice the string s into UnsignedInt8 items into a list sa (as done in the
original source code). Then I map a function to this list and it results in
16 bit items of the new list z. When I try to use z.tostring() method it
doesn't work. The str(z) function also gives wrong results. How can I join
this 16bit items to one string? the number of elements in z is variable. And
the resulting string should be slices in a new function into UnsignedInt8 or
Int16 intems.

I could not find anything in the python docs and tutorials that resolves my
problem.

Thanks for any advice,

Luis