[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Viterbi Decoder

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Viterbi Decoder
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:49:19 -0400

Phil's work is quite famous, and his programs are of very good quality for C programs. Not the best commented, but they do work for the platforms for which they are designed (generic or SSE/2 optimized). Fortunately or not, I use a PPC PowerMac, and hence the SSE/2 stuff is of no use to me. Maybe I'll get an IntelMac once the hardware has stabilized and I have the resources ;-)

My encoder and decoder blocks will augment his programs somewhat in various ways including adding many useful comments, user options, and computational advances in decoding, all without compromising throughput. - MLD