[Discuss-gnuradio] Example programs and alsa

From: paul munro
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Example programs and alsa
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 03:11:46 +0000

Hi, I have just installed gnu radio and tried the example programs in the examples directory. There is an issue with alsa. The last few lines look like this:

 File "./am_rcv.py", line 41, in __init__
   audio_sink = audio.sink (int (audio_rate))
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/gnuradio/audio_alsa.py", line 222, in sink
   return _audio_alsa.sink(*args)
RuntimeError: audio_alsa_sink

I am guessing there is an issue with the sound card setup. The programs that don't use the sound card work fine. I haven't installed portaudio due to dependency issues that I am yet to sort out. Is this an issue? All the other packages installed without error.

Any help/advice would be great

Discover fun and games at  @  http://xtramsn.co.nz/kids