[Discuss-gnuradio] Design FIR filters by number of taps

From: jjw
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Design FIR filters by number of taps
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:37:55 -0700 (PDT)

In looking at the tools for designing FIR filters, I see that you can do it
by selecting cutoff frequencies and transition bandwidths.  Is there a block
already in existence that allows you to design an FIR filter based on cutoff
frequency and maximum number of taps where the transition bandwidth would be
variable based on the taps?  I didn't notice one, but this would be very
helpful to me.  Thanks.

John