Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Labview

From: Martin Dvh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Labview
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 13:45:41 +0200

paul munro wrote:

> Sorry mate, disregard the last message. I installed numeric and that
> error is sorted. I do however have another error.
>
> File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\gnuradio\audio_windows.py"
>    return _audio_windows.sink(*args)
> NotImplementedError: No matching function for overloaded 'sink'
>
> Any idea on what maybe causing this??
Which example are you running?

Sound like it uses a set of argument which gr.audio_windows doesn't understand.

audio.sink should map automatically to audio_windows.sink on windows

It takes two arguments, the sampling freq (must be int, not float or double)
and a device name. This is a string which can contain number determing which
audio card on your system to use.
If you leave this argument or use an empty string it uses the default
WAVE_MAPPER device.
audio_windows_sink (int sampling_freq,
                     const std::string dev = ""
                     )

audio_windows does not (yet) understand the third bool ok_to_block argument,
like audio_alsa has
So if you open the audio device like this
from gnuradio import audio
dst=audio.sink(int(sampling_freq))
or
dst=audio.sink(int(sampling_freq),"")
It should work fine.

If this still doesn't work, you can try:
from gnuradio import audio_windows
dst=audio_windows.(int(sampling_freq))
or
dst=audio_windows.sink(int(sampling_freq),"")

Hope this helps.

Greetings,
Martin