Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc signal plots

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc signal plots
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 14:45:48 -0700

> The 2.0 port isn't doing as well - a few eyes show up here
> and there:
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/cswiger/g2_eq_data-1.jpg
>
> and that's with the NOP equalizer. The LMS eq is all noise
> all the time.

To me it looks like the symbol timing tracker is not tracking properly.
As the sample time shifts relative to the correct sample time you come
in and out of alignment.  As I recall, the equalizer comes after the
timing sync, so it won't work.  It needs proper symbol timing, and
without it will actually make things worse.

Matt