Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc speed boost

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc speed boost
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:20:15 -0400

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 17:56 -0700, Eric Blossom wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 04:22:09PM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 15:52 -0400, Charles Swiger wrote:
> >
> > > just collect data with decim = 10, then interp by 3 (6.4Msps to
> > > 19.2Msps), then upshift.   The 0.9 code need two changes, one to
> >
> > Some more fat can be squeezed out of the pipeline if the 'upshift
> > to 5.75MHz' and FPLL could be combined. Both are in the gr2 realm,

> Now you're getting closer.  If you start with the complex baseband
> from the USRP, and rework the FPLL so that it works with complex
> input, you can get rid of a bunch more ;)

Well, at this point I'm pretty much stuck as I'm:

1) unable to port the bit-timing to fs-demux chain - eyes glaze over,
just don't understand everything going on to finish the job,
particularly how to deal with inputs[0].index in the 2.x framework, and

2) no luck breaking up the 0.9 bt to fs-demux, more involved
mucking around the old code would be required (which we want to avoid)

So at this point that streach of code takes up the most cpu and
no further optimizing is possible untill that is resolved, only
using 3/4 of all available cpu.

--Chuck