Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wired News Article on USRP and GNU Radio

From: Matteo Campanella
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wired News Article on USRP and GNU Radio
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 08:40:14 +0200

Great article, Matt, congratulations - that would spread the software radio work even more.

As much as it regards the freedom on bands, well it's a dream in my opinion, cause, as every freedom, it would be very easy to turn it into the adavantage of few individuals with a loose ethical sense. I mean that freedom is based on each other's respect, and this is something that even the most civilized society cannot still count on.

Just as an example I can think about the ham radio bands, whithin which there is enough freedom, with only a few gentlemen agreements to respect. Well, you prefectly know how many individuals cannot cope even with these simple not written rules, and we're talking about a hobby - think about something that is business related and a greater form of freedom will soon turn into an advantage for those that circumvent rules as a lifestlyle.

Neverthless I am a dreamer, and I hope that sooner or later we will arrive to that better sense of civil respect, where we will effectively need few regulations, because we will be able to auto regulate on the base of the good common sense, always keeping an eye on the fact that our freedom ends where the one of our neighbour begins.

ciao
Matteo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Ettus" <address@hidden>