[Discuss-gnuradio] Newbie trying to get CVS build to work

From: Newell Jensen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Newbie trying to get CVS build to work
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:47:16 +0000

Hello to all,

I am a newbie to gnuradio and also to linux so any help would be appreciated. I have been trying to install gnuradio via cvs and I have ran into some problems. Here is the error that I get when I go to build using:

$ ./for-all-dirs ../buildit 2>&1 | tee make.log

checking for Python include path... Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 2, in ?
ImportError: No module named distutils.sysconfig

configure: error: cannot find Python include path
build FAILED in /home/jensen/gr-build/gnuradio-core

I can see that it cannot find Python include path but what am I supposed to do to at this point to fix it?

Thanks,

Newell