Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] V3 Comments on "BBN's Proposed extensions for dat

From: David Lapsley
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] V3 Comments on "BBN's Proposed extensions for data networking"
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:28:03 -0400

On 6/15/06 7:06 PM, "Eric Blossom" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 02:37:54PM -0500, Michael Dickens wrote:
>> On Thursday, June 15, 2006, at 11:46 AM, Eric Blossom wrote:
>>> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:37:48AM -0400, Michael Dickens wrote:
>>>>
> My theory on this document is less is more.  This is addressed more to
> David than to you.  The semi-formal spec for the portref lists a min
> and max replication count.  One could infer that a min of 0 and a
> max of 1 would indicate that a port was "optionally connected".

I agree.  This has been a really great discussion and has really helped to
improve clarity and smooth some wrinkles in the document, but we should
probably bring this phase to a close and start implementing.

How about if I get this last set of comments into the document and then
declare that the final version?  I will try to stick to the "less is more"
philosophy as I am editing.

Thanks!

Dave.