Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_basic and gr_block

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_basic and gr_block
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:58:02 -0700

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 03:23:53PM -0500, Michael Ford wrote:
> I'm trying to use a function in the usrp_basic class, but there's no SWIG .i
> script for it. While looking at the tutorials, I read that all processing
> blocks need to derive from the class gr_block. However, this isn't the case
> for usrp_basic. I guess this makes sense, as usrp_basic isn't really a
> processing block - the function I'm wanting to use just reads input from the
> RSSI circuit. Should I be consulting the Dawei Shen's processing block
> tutorial at all then? the usrp_basic class isn't even under the gr package.

Hi Michael,

Pretty much all of usrp_basic.h as well as usrp_standard.h is wrapped
by gr-usrp/src/usrp1.i.  The usrp specific classes that derive from
gr_block are usrp1_source_base.h and usrp1_sink_base.h.

I recall Matt mentioning that to read the RSSI you use one of the aux
adcs.  These are already wrapped.

See usrp1.i:

  int read_aux_adc (int which_dboard, int which_adc);

Eric