[Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE 802.15.4 Physical Layer Block

From: Thomas Schmid
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] IEEE 802.15.4 Physical Layer Block
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:29:33 -0700

Hi Everyone,

Over the last couple of months I developed a IEEE 802.15.4 physical
layer block. It is capable of receiving and transmitting to IEEE
802.15.4 compliant hardware. The block implements the physical layer,
i.e., it can en- and decode the messages. The block itself does not
comply with IEEE 802.15.4 because the timing constraints are just too
small to achieve right now.

Some caveat:

- You need a fast computer. My P IV 2.8 GHz could barely keep up with
the data flow.

- Right now, we need to send an additional 100 byte at the end of each
message or else, the other side can not decode them. Still figuring
out why that is.

You can find the code here:
https://acert.ir.bbn.com/projects/gr-ucla/

Please feel free to send me any comments and bug reports ;)

Cheers,
Thomas