[Discuss-gnuradio] Auto T/R switching

From: David Scaperoth
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Auto T/R switching
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:24:09 -0400

so, I left out an important part of my e-mail...dang it...ignore the previous e-mail ; )

I was looking through the gmsk2 code and I stumbled across this line of code in the transmit_path.py file:

self.set_auto_tr(True) #enable Auto T/R switching

I wasn't sure I understood what exactly that was doing, so I looked for some archives:

http://www.archivum.info/address@hidden/2005-11/index.html

in this e-mail you said:

"It's an optional feature that we plan to use with
a bunch of the daughterboards.  Depending on whether there's data in
the FPGA transmit fifo or not, specified daughterboard pins
automatically change state."

So, are you saying that if the transmitter isn't doing anything make certain pins on the daughterboards will be switched to receive (to allow more data to flow to the USB?), and if the transmitter is doing something then the pins are switched back to transmit???  Is this only for the RFX boards?

let me know if I'm on the right track.  it sounds like its some underlying function that doesn't effect my work at the moment, but its always good to have some idea of how the code you're using works ; )

David Scaperoth