Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which LinuxOS to use?-->1.Unbuntu, Fedora, Mandra

From: mjam01
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which LinuxOS to use?-->1.Unbuntu, Fedora, Mandrake, FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 19:14:27 +0100

Hey,

See my installation walkthrough at http://m0mik.org for Ubuntu 6.06

Definatly the easiest!!!

Mike
m0mik.org

On 6/23/06, Quenton Bonds <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am new to the GNU world.

I am an intern at NASA AIMES and we are about to run three brand new
SDRs.  Basically we are trying to use some Linux laptops with the USRP's
for SRD research.

I have less than two months to get this project going, and we just got
three brand new Laptops and USRP kits yesterday.

My Question:  What Linux operating system seems to work the _BEST_ with
GNU USRP, mainly in reference to system failure, and having previously
defined libraries/classes/modules previously installed?
Right now we are going with UBUNTU (per my superiors:)-)but for some
reason I would like to use Fedora.
What do you think?

Due to the limited time I am trying to save myself as much heart ache as
possible, therefore any advice is welcomed and greatly appreciated,
especially in choosing an operating system.