[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP - hotplug / udev / auto-loading of firmware

From: Kalen Watermeyer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP - hotplug / udev / auto-loading of firmware
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:44:50 +0100 (BST)

Hello again,

Am I correct in saying that the standard USRP setup is
to have some entry in hotplug configuration that
points the device manager to a firmware loading app,
allowing the USRP to be configured as soon as it is
detected?

I ask because I run Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper), which uses
udev, and will need to edit my device manager's rules
to identify my custom board, and am not sure if this
is necessary. Oh, and the OS detects my FX2 micro when
I run lsusb (albeit unconfigured).

Finally, if I do have to edit the rules (SYSFS,
VendorId etc), what exactly will I need to let my
system know? (I have read udev docs briefly, but was a
little confused)

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Kalen

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease
of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html