[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: config.guess, config.sub in version control

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: config.guess, config.sub in version control
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 12:58:08 -0700

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 12:48:42PM -0700, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> Eric--
>
> Why are config.guess and config.sub under version control?  Aren't these
> normally symbolic links to the installed autotools on the local system?
>
> -Johnathan

Nope.  Just prior to building tarballs I fetch the newest versions
available from their canonical home and copy them to our tree.

This way we're within 3 months of the latest versions available.
autoconf and automake don't get updated that often, and even if they
did, they'd be fetching them from the same upstream place I do.

Eric